Monday 19 March 2018

Farmoor Common Scoters ( My favourite bird )

A second visit to Farmoor on Saturday to refill the feeders at Pinkhill Reserve and Bushy Leaze Copse was rewarded when I got a phone call telling me that there were three Common Scoter on F2. On hearing the news I took a quick walk back to Bushy Leaze Copse where I had parked my car. Within two minutes I was back at Farmoor watching the Common Scoters on F2 from the East bank. I continued my drive down the causeway where I met Andy Last the finder of the Common Scoters.  We decided to drive around F2 again to see if a Wheatear I saw earlier was still present. No luck with the Wheatear but Andy did manage to spot a Ringed Plover which like the Scoters was new for the year. Well done to Andy for finding the Common Scoters which are my favourite bird,  and made my day. A mid afternoon visit Sunday produced a Jack Snipe that was flush accidentally from short grass. This is the first seen here since last Autumn, and the good spell continued when a morning visit today produced single Kittiwake and Little Gull which takes the total birds seen at Farmoor this year to 109. 

 
  
 Black-necked Grebe (c) Tezzer
Common Scoters (c) Andy Last
Kittiwake (c) Roger Wyatt
 
Siskin
 Marsh Tit
 Water Rails
Treecreeper

Barnacle Goose



Bushy leazes Cat


No comments:

Post a Comment

Rare birds at Farmoor